Term of Use
A. Advertiser Terms and Conditions
Before a person or organisation can place an advertisement on a TJN it is necessary to create an advertiser account with TJN. (See http://telcojob.net/contactUs.php). In submitting an application to create an advertiser account, the applicant agrees to the following terms and conditions which apply to a person or entity placing advertisements with TJN from time to time (an “Advertiser”):
- Pay-as-you-go pricing plans are available to approved account holders only, in which case invoices must be paid within 30 days of issue. TJN may deliver to the Advertiser an invoice by email in accordance with the Advertiser registration details. In all other cases, payment is required to be made by credit card in order to complete the transaction by the secure payment facility via the TJN’ site.
- Advertisements posted by the Advertiser on TJN are current for a period of one week, two weeks, one month, two month, three month and one year, following which they will be automatically archived. To reinstate an advertisement from archive will incur an additional fee for advertising.
- Current advertising rates and other fees and charges can be accessed by contacting TJN and/or visiting the TJN Site. Unless otherwise specified, all rates are in Ringgit Malaysia and are exclusive of goods and services tax. The Advertiser must pay an additional amount on account of any applicable goods and services tax on a supply made to the Advertiser.
- The Advertiser is responsible for proof reading and checking advertisements to be placed. If advertisements are incorrect following publication it is the Advertiser’s responsibility to contact TJN to action any correction required. No refunds will be given and invoices remain payable despite any such inaccuracy, error or omission on the Advertiser’s part. The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that TJN may re-format or edit an advertisement to comply with standard style or classification formats used by TJN from time to time.
- Where the Advertiser does not have a registered office or principal place of business in Malaysia, TJN may require payment in advance before posting an advertisement on behalf of the Advertiser. For credit reasons TJN may also in its discretion require the Advertiser to pay prior to placement of the advertisement.
- TJN reserves the right to charge interest on any overdue invoice at the rate of 1% per calendar month, calculated daily on each day such invoice remains overdue. TJN may also disable the Advertiser’s account, or remove the Advertiser’s listings from any one or more jobs posted or advertisements until such time as the overdue invoice and all applicable interest is paid.
- The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement submitted by the Advertiser for publication and the advertisement as published (in either case, the “Advertisement”):
- is in respect of a genuine position as described in the Advertisement and that this is the sole purpose of the Advertisement;
- is not misleading or deceptive to potential candidates or other persons. In particular, the Advertiser warrants that the Advertisement and the Advertiser’s conduct in connection with the Advertisement is not liable to mislead persons seeking the employment as to the availability, nature, terms or conditions of, or any other matter relating to, the employment;
- does not use discriminatory language or requirements;
- does not contravene applicable anti-discrimination laws
- will clearly state in the Advertisement if the Advertiser is relying upon an exemption under any applicable Anti-Discrimination Law in connection with the placement of such advertisement or recruiting for the position which is the subject of such Advertisement;
- does not contain any material that could reasonably be considered to be defamatory or offensive;
- does not infringe any intellectual property rights (including trade marks or copyright) of a third party.
- The Advertiser warrants that it has obtained all requisite internal approvals that may be required in connection with the Advertisement and the position that is the subject of the Advertisement before submitting an Advertisement to TJNs.
- The Advertiser warrants that it will not in connection with an Advertisement (including, all responses received in relation to such Advertisement) use any information obtained from candidates or potential candidates for a purpose that is not genuinely connected to recruitment for the advertised position. In particular, the Advertiser warrants that it will comply with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act and applicable regulations under such legislation.
- The Advertiser must take all reasonable care in guarding against unauthorised use of its user name and password. TJN is not responsible for any unauthorised access to Advertiser accounts through failure of the Advertiser to take such reasonable care.
- The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that by submitting an application to open an account with TJN the Advertiser (and where applicable, its directors, partners or principals) authorise TJN to request and obtain information on credit history from time to time from any credit reporting agency.
- The Advertiser acknowledges that TJN does not independently verify information provided by candidates and that the Advertiser must rely on its own enquiries to check or otherwise verify information provided.
B. Candidate Terms and Conditions
Each person viewing or searching any of the TJN as a potential candidate or responding or applying for a position the subject of an Advertisement (a “Candidate”) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The Candidate acknowledges that any Advertisement appearing on a TJN is provided “as is” and has been created and/or authorised by the relevant Advertiser. TJN does not independently verify the accuracy of content of Advertisements or the bona fides of Advertisers. The Candidate is responsible for satisfying themselves as to such matters when contacting an Advertiser in response to an Advertisement. No fee or charge should be requested by any Advertiser to review or consider an application from the Candidate or to attend an interview. Such a request from any Advertiser may be indicative of a non-genuine purpose. If the Candidate has reason to suspect that a position advertised in an Advertisement is not genuine or that recruitment for the advertised position is not the sole purpose of the Advertisement, TJN would appreciate this feedback so that it can make inquires and, where applicable, take appropriate action.
- The Candidate must take reasonable care in protecting against unauthorised use of log-on details. TJN is not responsible for any unauthorised access to Candidate job profile information or Candidate user account through failure of the Candidate to take such reasonable care.
- The Candidate warrants that in responding to any Advertisement or making inquiries of an Advertiser he or she does so as a genuine potential candidate in his or her own personal, non-commercial capacity.
- The Candidate indemnifies and will keep TJN indemnified from any claim, loss or liability arising directly or indirectly from any curriculum vitae or resume or other information submitted by or on behalf of the Candidate to an Advertiser (including, without limitation, where such claim, loss or liability is caused by any misleading information, material omission, fraudulent or negligent misstatement).
C. General Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply generally to Advertisers, Candidates and other users or visitors to any job boards (in each case, referred to below as “you”):
- All content appearing on a job boards (excluding material provided by Advertisers or Candidates) is the copyright TJN or its licensors and is protected by copyright laws including the Copyright Act and under international treaties.
- In providing the job boards, you acknowledge that TJN is providing an online service to facilitate the placement of candidates in available positions, however, TJN does not provide any advice, representation, endorsement, recommendation or opinion in connection with advertised positions, Advertisers or Candidates.
- To the full extent permitted by law:
- the content appearing on job boards and the services comprising or provided by TJN under or in connection with job boards (together, the “Job Portals Service”) is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied;
- TJN limits its liability to you in connection with the Job Portals Service to:
- supplying the relevant Advertisement or service again; or
- payment of the cost of having the relevant Advertisement or service supplied again;
- TJN will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits, indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage or injury in connection with the Job Portals Service.
- TJN will not be liable for:
- any downtime, interruption to or inability to access any job boards;
- any inability to log-on or access your online account;
- any delay or failure in an Advertisement being posted, archived, restored from archive, or taken down or any change to the details or content of such Advertisement being made;
- any matter, circumstance or thing beyond TJN’s control (including, without limitation, interruption to or failure of the power supply, its IT systems or those of its IT or communications provider, strikes, lock-outs, or acts of God).
- You warrant that in accessing or visiting the job boards or any user account you will not introduce any virus or other malicious harmful or destructive code.
- You are not permitted to link any website to any the job boards without TJN’ prior written permission (which may be given or withheld in its discretion). TJN is not responsible for the operation and content of any third party websites that may be linked to any of the job boards.
- Any banner advertising or other advertising appearing on the TJN does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by TJN of the advertiser or their products or services.
You agree to us disclosing your personal information if we have reason to believe that this is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights, property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also reveal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
The primary purpose for TJN collecting information is to allow for:
- sales contact
- permission based marketing
- distribution of newsletters
- distribution of job alerts to job seekers and development of resume & profile talent pools that are marketable to prospective employers
- processing of your online transactions
Site users giving any personal information voluntarily via the TJN will be understood by TJN as giving consent to this information being viewed by TJN and its subscribed clients. Such information may be saved by TJN and the user may be contacted as a result.
TJN ensures that the personal information of job seekers is secured and protected. Job seekers' personal information is stored in a database, protected by password, and accessible only to the job seekers themselves and those TJN employees who require access to perform necessary responsibilities relating to the management of the job seekers' accounts.
Job seekers can choose to access their registered information with TJN via our Web Server that will transmit the data while it is transferred through the Web. TJNs' internal servers are also protected by firewalls that are continuously monitored. Employees of TJN are also made aware of the importance of security and confidentiality through the Company's own policies.
COOKIES AND CLICKSTREAM DATA
We use session cookies to identify you as a current user and these are alive only for the duration of your browser session. If you disable or reject session cookies you may not be able to access and use all features of the TJN sites. You may adjust your browser settings to disable cookies being stored on your hard drive, however this may impact your user experience.
When visiting TJN, the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- the user's server address - to consider the user's who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements
- the date and time of the visit to the site - this is important for identifying the website's busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods
- pages accessed and documents downloaded - this indicates to TJN which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find
- duration of the visit - this indicates to us how interesting and informative the TJN site is to job seekers
- the type of browser used - this is important for browser specific coding
- the previous site visited - this assists in determining the interests of users and which sites provide links to TJN.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Users of the TJN career portals will have real time access to all of their personal information for the purpose of editing, updating and deleting. Job seekers are encouraged to keep their information accurate for job applications.
Users at any stage can opt out of receiving newsletters or opt out of being searchable in the talent pool. Should you have any difficulty opting out of any TJN database please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and a helpful staff member will personally assist you. You can request that we remove your personal information by contacting us in which case we will disable your account. By requesting us to remove or delete your personal information you acknowledge that you will no longer be able to access those features of the TJNs’ sites that are available via the log-in area.
All credit card data and information (other than the receipt number) are not retained after the transaction has been processed and cleared. All e-commerce transactions are carried out in real time using an automatic payment gateway and are conducted securely via our payment gateway provider.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This site may contains links to other web sites. TJN is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.
NEED FURTHER INFORMATION?
If you have any privacy concerns, please contact TJN in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 60376280378 Office hours 9AM to 6PM GMT+8. Email email@example.com.